Patient must meet all criteria:
- Clinical findings of malignancy with widespread, aggressive, or progressive disease as evidenced by increasing symptoms, worsening lab values, and/or evidence of metastatic disease.
- Palliative Performance Scale (PPS) < 70%
- Refuses further life-prolonging therapy or continues to decline in spite of definitive therapy.
- Hypercalcemia > 12
- Cachexia or weight loss of 5% in past 3 months
- Recurrent disease after surgery/radiation/chemotherapy
- Signs or symptoms of advanced disease (e.g. nausea, requirement for transfusions, malignant ascites or pleural effusion, etc.)
See another guide:
Cachexia/Protein Calorie Malnutrition (Weight Loss)
Heart Disease/CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
Pulmonary Disease/COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Renal (Kidney) Failure