Hospice of Montezuma
512 N. Broadway
Cortez, CO 81321
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)/Hospice Health Aid
to join our team.
How to apply: click apply now button below!
General Description: The Certified Nurse Aid has responsibility for transportation to and direct patient care for those assigned individuals as scheduled. Care is provided according to the Plan of Care developed during the Interdisciplinary Team meeting. Schedules vary in duration from 4 to 12 hours and may be during the day, night or weekend. They are also responsible for communication with families, caregivers, and other staff, be it written, verbal, electronic demonstration or other media in relation to their assignment. Duties may require sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, squatting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, writing, typing, pinching, gripping, bimanual dexterity.
Level of Responsibility: Provides care under the supervision of a registered nurse
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction and ongoing supervision of the registered nurse, provides essential personal care assistance to the patient:
- With bath, care of mouth, skin, hair.
- To bathroom or in using bedpan or commode.
- In and out of bed as well as with ambulation activities as ordered under the care plan.
- With prescribed exercises which the patient and home health aide have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Handing patient medication containers for medications that can be self-administered
- By performing such incidental household services as are essential to the patient’s well being at home.
- With feeding patient when listed in the plan of care.
- Takes a patient’s temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation and respirations.
- Provides emotional support and compassionate care to the patient and family unit.
- Demonstrates listening skills.
- Offers encouragement when appropriate.
- Practices patience in voice and manner.
- Maintains required competency and skills.
- Documented initial and ongoing supervision and evaluation by RN on each case assignment.
- Attends at least twelve (12) hours of continuing education programs or approved audiovisuals per calendar year.
- CNA maintains current licensure as required by the State Board of Nursing.
- Maintains current knowledge and practice of infectious disease protocols.
- Participates in annual performance review.
- Performs job duties according to standards of practice.
- Reports any changes in the patient’s condition or family situation immediately by calling the Primary Nurse or Patient Care Coordinator.
- Practices Universal Precautions according to OSHA regulations and HOM policy.
- Adheres to all HOM policies and procedural guidelines.
- Maintains patient confidentiality before and after death.
- Completes all documentation prior to submission of timesheets.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as requested.
- Maintains a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Supports Hospice in the community through participation in fund-raising events, speaking engagements, etc.
Experience: Minimum of two years direct patient care experience in either hospital or community setting preferred.
Qualifications: Documentation of successful completion of a patient care training program at least 40 hours in length. Ability to perform general patient care responsibilities, and safe equipment use. Ability to relate empathetically with patient/caregiver and not impose personal value system on them. Ability to communicate effectively with other health care providers verbally and in writing.
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
Technology: all patient care related items will be provided by Hospice of Montezuma.
Required meetings and travel: CNAs are required to attend monthly meetings. Additional meetings may be required in order to meet specific patient care demands. Daily travel is required, therefore you must have reliable transportation.CNA_HHA Physical requirements