Hospice of Montezuma
512 N. Broadway
Cortez, CO 81321
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a
to join our team.
How to apply: click apply button at the bottom of this page.
General Description: To ensure that the forms, policies, procedures, and function of the agency are in compliance with Federal/State/Medicare/Medicaid guidelines. Assist in training of RN’s and CNA’s. Provide education, training, and assistance to staff in order to assure compliance with regulations and improve services for Hospice patients and their families.
Level of Responsibility: Supervision and direction provided by the Executive Director. Makes annual reports of compliance assurance to the Board of Directors. Makes immediate report to the Executive Director or President of the Board of Directors regarding serious or intentional breaches of compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities: Ensure that Hospice of Montezuma meets compliance requirements.
- Assist in review and maintaining overall compliance program for the agency.
- CRRC – Clinical Records Review Committee – develop committee, organize meetings, review processes
- QAPI – Quality Assurance Performance Improvement – develop committee, organize meetings, maintain status of projects and documentation of QAPI projects
- HIPAA – Serve as HIPAA Security and Privacy Officer. Review and assess potential threats and develop solutions. Review and respond to requests for patient information.
- Prepare and/or assist with compliance education and training programs for staff and volunteers when they join the agency and as needed or required.
- Create audit forms and arrange for audit of a percentage of charts on a quarterly basis for compliance and to support quality assurance, focusing on areas of concern or QAPI projects.
- Maintain and update procedures to ensure that care plans, face to face visits, and re-certifications are completed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Assist with chart review and preparation of documentation in response to billing requests.
- As a member of the Policy Committee, assist with annual review of policies, procedures, and forms to ensure that they meet the most recent compliance guidelines.
- Create necessary forms, policies, and procedures for, and direct implementation of, all new or revised State and Federal regulations to ensure the agency remains compliant.
- Review all incident reports, written complaints, and actions taken. Share this information with supervisors quarterly or more often as indicated by the seriousness of the complaint.
- Prepare annual compliance report for the Board of Directors.
- Provide written documentation of all conversations regarding compliance deficiencies to the supervisor of the employee.
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Rotate through on-call schedule and perform PRN nursing visits as requested. Backup for primary RN’s as needed.
- Provides the Executive Director with a summary of annual Compliance Audit findings for regular reports to the Board of Directors.
Experience: At least two years experience in Compliance or related field preferred.
Qualifications: Must be a licensed RN with extensive understanding of the medical field and terminology. Thorough understanding of the Medicare concept and regulations. Knowledgeable of Federal/State/Medicare/Medicaid guidelines and possessing the ability for detail and accuracy. Must possess excellent skills in organization, documentation, communication, and instruction.
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
Technology: All patient care related items will be provided by Hospice of Montezuma.
Required meetings and travel: RNs are required to attend weekly meetings. Additional meetings may be required in order to meet specific patient care demands. Daily travel is required, therefore you must have reliable transportation and generous compensation will be provided since you will be using your personal vehicle for company business.