“Hospice” is a model of comfort, compassion-based care, and support for terminally ill patients and their families, which is provided wherever you live. Hospice focuses on caring, not curing. It emphasizes quality of life, helping patients live fully with the most comfort for as long as possible. Hospice neither hastens nor prolongs death. Hospice services attend to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and families with a unique team approach that brings in a wide range of resources and disciplines.
What is Hospice Care through Hospice of Montezuma?
At Hospice of Montezuma, we provide a variety of services, including hospice care, Home Care Service, grief support, community outreach presentations and clinical in-service training programs.
Hospice care is:
- Physician directed, nurse managed
- Focuses on comfort and coordination of care, rather than on cure
- A concept of care that meets the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those living with life-limiting illness
- An interdisciplinary approach that improves quality of life from diagnosis through the end of life and bereavement
- Provided by health care professionals with the highest levels of certification available in this specialized field
- Offered in patients’ homes, long-term care facilities, and hospitals when necessary.