Hospice of Montezuma
512 N. Broadway
Cortez, CO 81321
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a
Front Desk Receptionist
to join our team.
How to apply: click apply now button below!
General Description: Responsible for being the initial point of contact representing Hospice of Montezuma and facilitating communication between office staff and the public.
Level of Responsibility: Direct supervision from the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for first line greeting of visitors and communication with the public.
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage multi-line phone calls and messages, including night and on-call settings and messages.
- Perform miscellaneous typing, copying, data entry, and layout of forms, reports, letters, lists, pamphlets, etc.
- Open, stamp, and route mail daily. Log incoming funds and endorse checks.
- Handle correspondence, including thank you letters for donations, greeting cards, etc.
- Maintain inventory and reorder office and medical supplies.
- Prepare new patient charts; maintain face sheet binder and distribute to staff.
- Run miscellaneous errands for the organization.
- Prepare IDT Binder for Dr. Henderson
- Participates in orientation of new employees.
- Maintain Staff and Board of Directors telephone/address lists; prepare and distribute Board packets as scheduled
- Assemble admission packets and consult packets – blank
- Update On Call Book with new filing
- Facilitate pick up and delivery of documents & supplies to physician offices, pharmacies, patients and facilities
- Maintain agency database
- Assist with fundraising, publicity, and public relations.
- Maintain front office and lobby with a professional and welcoming appearance.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Experience: Two years of office experience preferred.
Qualifications: Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to patients and staff. Ability to present a calm and professional demeanor at all times. Excellent typing skills with basic computer knowledge and willingness to learn specialized computer program. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse team. Ability to assess, prioritize, and complete work according to deadlines. Willingness to dedicate the time necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
Required meetings and travel: Office staff are required to attend monthly meetings. Additional meetings may be required in order to meet specific patient care demands.