Click Below to access the application for the Board of Directors
Board Application (Microsoft Word format)
Board Application (Fillable Adobe .pdf format)
Please print this application and drop off to our office at 1345 S Broadway, Cortez, or fax to (970) 565-9543, or email to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest.
Job Description: Member, Board of Directors
General Description: The Board of Directors as a whole has the responsibility for governing the organization and for ensuring its long-term success and financial stability.
Term: 3 years
Reports To: Board President
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, accept and support the mission and vision of the organization.
- Make an annual cash contribution to the organization.
- Ensure effective organizational planning.
- Ensure excellence in organizational performance through the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Ensure strong financial management and adequate financial resources.
- Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about board and committee matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other board and committee members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Participate in fund raising for the organization.
- Represent the organization in the community and enhance public awareness.
- Appoint, support and assess the performance of the executive director.
- Ensure the organization’s legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.