Office Assistant for health care agency. Represent agency in a professional and friendly manner. Interact with staff, patients, families, other agencies and healthcare providers. Responsible for assisting multiple staff with daily office duties and related operational activities of the agency in accordance with Hospice policies and procedures. Many opportunities for growth and learning new skills.
Level of Responsibility:
Direct supervision from the Executive Director or Assistant Director.
Annual Flu Shots and Random Drug Tests Mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Responsible for first line greeting of visitors and communication with the public.
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage phone calls and messages accurately, including night and on-call settings and messages.
- Perform miscellaneous typing, copying, data entry, and layout of forms, reports, letters, lists, pamphlets, etc.
- Follow written procedures and recommend updates as necessary
- Open, stamp, and route mail daily. Log incoming funds and endorse checks.
- Handle correspondence, including thank you letters for donations, greeting cards, etc.
- Maintain inventory and reorder office and medical supplies.
- Prepare new patient charts
- Run miscellaneous errands for the organization.
- Maintain Staff contact lists
- Coordinate and follow up multiple schedules
- Track and follow paperwork for patients from referral through admission
- Track, follow up and process required paperwork and patient charts
- Assist with fundraising, publicity, and public relations.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director or Assistant Director.
Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to patients and staff. Excellent typing skills with computer knowledge and willingness to learn specialized computer programs. Detail oriented. Well organized. Able to review own work. Microsoft Office required – Access a bonus. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse team. Colorado drivers’ license and availability of reliable transportation. Ability to assess, prioritize, and complete work according to deadlines. Willingness to dedicate the time necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.