Hospice of Montezuma
512 N. Broadway
Cortez, CO 81321
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a
Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our team.
How to apply: click apply button at the bottom of this page.
General Description: Hospice of Montezuma believes that Primary Nursing fulfills the goal of continuity of care for the unique needs of those who are terminally ill or seeking palliative care by establishing and maintaining the plan of care. He/she collaborates with the primary physician, other Hospice team members, and other agencies to ensure safe and appropriate patient care.
Level of Responsibility: Works under supervision of the Executive Director. Directly supervises C.N.A.s assigned to patient/caregiver. Monitors contracted healthcare workers and provides feedback to CNA and Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Primary Nurse provides those services requiring specialized nursing skill: assesses patient condition and needs; develops and coordinates a comprehensive and on-going plan of care for each patient/caregiver; communicates changes in patient/caregiver condition and care with primary physician and Hospice team members; counsels the patient and caregiver in meeting nursing and related needs; teaches patient/caregiver and Hospice staff; and maintains current skills through in-service.
- Admits patients and collaborates with the Hospice team to develop an ongoing plan of care for patient/ caregiver.
- Implements, evaluates, and updates ongoing plan of care.
- Documents all client contacts and care plan changes in patient’s permanent record within 48 working hours.
- Is available to patient/caregiver on a regular basis, takes rotation for 24 hour on call, and participates in continuous care.
- Schedules nursing visits and collaborates with the Hospice team to ensure appropriate service for clients.
- Submits all required documentation in a timely fashion, ensuring that Compliance/Quality Assurance Coordinators receive materials requiring review 5 days before the certification deadline.
- Provides skilled nursing visits and appropriate paperwork when the level of care for the Hospice patient changes.
- Teaches the patient/caregiver regarding specific aspects of the patient’s care and course of disease in order to facilitate their participation in care.
- Functions as an advocate for the patient/caregiver, ensuring the patient’s right to cope with his/her disease process and death in the manner he/she chooses, within the scope of the law.
- Teaches other team members as needed.
- Participates in all Interdisciplinary Team Meetings.
- Supports Hospice in the community through participation in fund-raising events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Completes all documentation prior to submission of timesheets.
- Maintains a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Attends 20 hours of continuing education per year.
Experience: Minimum of two years direct RN patient care experience in either hospital or community setting.
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado. Ability to perform general technical nursing responsibilities, administer I.V. medications, provide nutrition planning, and evaluate equipment function. Ability to relate empathetically with patient/caregiver and not impose personal value system on them. Ability to communicate professionally with physicians and other health care providers on a collaborative level.
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
Technology: All patient care related items will be provided by Hospice of Montezuma.
Required meetings and travel: RNs are required to attend weekly meetings. Additional meetings may be required in order to meet specific patient care demands. Daily travel is required, therefore you must have reliable transportation and generous compensation will be provided since you will be using your personal vehicle for company business.RN – Physical requirements